Building Expansion Project
We are exploring a building expansion to accomodate our growing need for more space.
At this time, the financial board and elders in agreement with the church leadership have taken the following steps:
- Commit to not moving forward in the process without the full congregtional support.
- Continued in prayerful and intentional efforts to consider our existing congregation, our existing building and our volunteers in a building project.
- Hired the McKnight Group, which exclusively works with churches, to evaluate our 7 acres and to present options of what is possible here on our existing property.
- Submitted a large scale survey to over 30 volunteer leaders within our church covering 9 ministries, resulting in a list of priorities for ministry use as well as a phased approach to accomodate growing needs.
- Considered 4 proposals ranging in cost and added space.
- Evaluated the parking, zoning and permits associated with a building addition.
- Met as a financial board to consider the costs associated with building as well as our current financial resources and potential fundraising.
- Met as elders and leadership to consider the spiritual aspects of a building project as well as the future generations of leaders and members.
- Set a timeline of 1 year to raise and evaluate funding and congregational support.
After evaluating the proposals for cost and doability, we have been given a proposal that includes expanding a new, larger sanctuary to the East of the existing building, with an increased foyer, cafe, increased seating capacity and potential for a 3rd phase of growth. The existing building will be reevaluated and revamped for youth and children.
The existing photos demonstrate a potential layout and expansion. As we are in an exploratory phase for fundraising, planning and construction, we value your input and questions. The link below will allow you to post questions and comments that will be presented to the board and answered during our monthly updates. Please prayerfully consider the project and join us as we make plans for the future of the church.